Merx Truck & Trailer, Inc. is expanding and has an opening for two Parts Specialists at our full-service shops in Melrose Park and Channahon.
Responsibilities and Essential Functions
- Maintain inventory in parts room.
- Dispense parts to service mechanics.
- Receive and inspect incoming shipments for correct quantity and quality materials.
- Monitor and follows-up on part orders to ensure timely delivery of parts.
- Maintain efficient, profitable parts operations and inventory control system.
- Analyze turnover rate and inventory levels; maintain fast/slow moving parts.
- Adhere to stock ordering policies and procedures to maximize inventory security and minimize loss.
- Assists General Manager with revenue generating incentives.
- Ability to maintain good relationships with the manufacturer representatives.
- Create a positive experience at the “counter" for customers.
- Collaborates with the Accounting Department on related matters to the Parts Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Reports to: Shop Manager
- 1-2 years of related experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Familiar with parts operations, receiving procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Strong math and computer skills required.
- Strong time management skills, ability to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Positive attitude / self-motivated; works independently to resolve issues and problems as well an ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced deadline driven environment.
- Paid holidays
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance
Salary: $40,000 + Weekly Commission Incentives
Interested applicants should send their resumes to: email@example.com