Power up your Career
Tired of just being a number at the dealership? Come work for our team-oriented family!
The team at Merx Truck & Trailer is social and creative. We collaborate to provide honest, and expert service to our customers. We service all types of diesel vehicles and specialize in Cummins and Volvo-Mack engine repair. Our customers notice the difference in our team-oriented family of technicians which is why they trust their vehicles to our care.
We are looking to hire Diesel Technicians with a passion for exceptional service, innovation and personal development. We offer weekly training by an ASE Master certified Trainer. This position is for the 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM day shift, 4 day work week available. The ideal candidates are highly organized and have in-depth knowledge of heavy-duty diesel trucks. We’d love to meet with you.
This role is responsible for:
- Maintains diesel equipment operation by completing inspections and preventive maintenance requirements
- Correcting vehicle deficiencies; making adjustments and alignments; keeping records
- Performing adjustments and alignments
- Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks
- Perform repairs and preventative maintenance
- Perform inspections, diagnosis, and repair of Electrical, Hydraulic, Suspension, Brake, and Air systems
- Able to utilize vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes and assign repairs
- Conduct safety checks on vehicles and equipment
- Complete required paperwork and maintain records associated with repairs
- Working knowledge of computers and basic operation
- Work with a high degree of independence and with a high level of productivity
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with assigned customers and vendors.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Requirements for this position include
- Minimum 2 years experience
- Valid drivers licence
- Must provide own tools
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Proficiency in using mobile devices, navigation of mobile applications and email to document repairs and communication and the ability to learn new platforms
- Must be able to lift 50lbs
- Enthusiastic team player
- Punctual, able to follow instructions, multi-task and apply initiative
- Positive attitude, safety consciousness, good instincts, and self-motivation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance a variety of tasks
🗓️ Full Time - Day Shift - 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
🧰 Flexible spending account
💸 Paid time off
❤️🩹 Dental & Health Insurance
🎓 Paid training
⚖️ Work/Life Balance
Interested applicants should send their resumes to: email@example.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, only qualified candidates will be contacted.